| || |
Liquori was the third American high schooler to break the four-minute mile by running a 3:59.8 In 1968 Liquori became the youngest person to compete in the 1500-meter Olympic finals. Liquori is a noted broadcaster. He has covered six Olympic Games, twenty-five New York City Marathons, twelve Boston Marathons, eight Ironman Triathlons, and numerous track and field events.
He has severed as the National spokesman for Leukemia Society of America’s Team in Training. He has served on the President’s council on Presidents Council on Physical Fitness.
- Ranked number one in the world for 1969 – 1971 in the mile
- Ranked number one in the world in 1997 for the 5,000 meters
- American Records for 2,000 meters, 2- miles and 5,000 meters
- Best 5,000 meters: 13:15.1
- Undefeated NCAA-IC4A Mile Championship
- Eleven straight Penn Relay Championships